Wednesday, October 14, 2009

blog response

Considering I have always been the quiet one during critiques, I have to say that this article was helpful to me. Most of the time I do have things to say about someone's work, but I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words. When he says to instead say how something makes me feel, I realized that by doing that it is still useful to the designer, even if it doesn't point out exact details that need to be fixed or are good. It helps them realize if the idea they were trying to convey is obvious or if they need to fix it, or if their idea came across strong. Basically, the article gave me tips on how I can speak up during a critique because I always feel bad when people give me feedback and I give them nothing mainly because it is difficult for me to put thoughts into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment