Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This critique blog post took a good portion of probably what most design students believe about critiques and put it into writing. Critiques are definitely two way conversations as Jason said. In a critique I personally like to address my piece(s) of art work with a short explanation, description and the aspects I like and or feel are weak. Jason said and I agree designers should not just throw up a piece and not have something to say about it to start the critique. A very important aspect is the Shit Sandwich. Designers doing the critiquing need to make comments in the least offensive way and the shit sandwich works. Start off with a good comment, then move to criticisms or things you don't like and finally follow with more good comments. By sandwiching the bad between good I believe the presenter does not feel like they are being attacked with the bad. In the end any comment that a person has put thought into and sensibly formulated can only help the person being critiqued. I agreed with this blog post strongly, it can be be very helpful to students new to a critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment