Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Awesome poster design




While searching for examples of poster design for Typography class I came across this promo poster. It's for an album launch, and I was drawn to it because it's an example of good design in the particular field that I am most interested in as a career (graphic design in the music industry.) The feature I like most about this poster, is the color and layout of the "BLACK OUT" text. I like how the designer designed the A and K to draw the eye diagonally across the whole viewing surface, so every detail is observed. There is also some really great graphic work, including the subtle "wallpaper" background and the more prominent center design. It's artsy but has a level of sophistication to it as well. The only thing I would change about this is the text at the top. I think the strong graphic in the center and the color of "BLACK OUT" take away from the informational purpose of this poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment